• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Number of Posts to Send Personal Conversations

borbole

With this mod you will be able to set a minimum number of posts for your users in order for them to send Personal Conversation and/or to reply to the Personal Conversations that they have received. This can be seen as a precaution against spam through the Personal Conversations system as well if you will.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_PostsConversation file inside the mod package and ht the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Threads, Discussions and Conversations and all the way to the bottom you will see 3 new options. One is to enable/disable the mod and the other to enter the number of posts. By default it is set to 5. Admins are exluded from the posts limit. And the last settings is for the error message that you want to appear to user with less posts set by you when trying to reply to their Personal Conversations.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots below.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attachments

• XenForo - Error 1- XenForo_1287140486718.webp
    XenForo - Error 1- XenForo_1287140486718.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 82
  • test - XenForo2_1287140513411.webp
    test - XenForo2_1287140513411.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Admin CP - XenForo_1287260265797.webp
    Admin CP - XenForo_1287260265797.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 61
  • PostsConversation.zip
    PostsConversation.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 69
1-2 minor suggestions (al though its solid as is!). 1: I suggest using a phrase. Not that an option is bad, but if you have multiple languages, the option ties it to 1. And 2: I'd just change the storage / input for number of posts to be the integer so it has the + / - buttons.

1-2 minor suggestions (al though its solid as is!). 1: I suggest using a phrase. Not that an option is bad, but if you have multiple languages, the option ties it to 1. And 2: I'd just change the storage / input for number of posts to be the integer so it has the + / - buttons.

Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate them :) I applied the change for the number of posts but for the error message I think it would be easier if it is left as it is now. i.e. that the user can enter his/her own error message from the Acp as it can be shown in any language and it is changable with ease.

Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate them :) I applied the change for the number of posts but for the error message I think it would be easier if it is left as it is now. i.e. that the user can enter his/her own error message from the Acp as it can be shown in any language and it is changable with ease.
I'm a little confused. If I have French & English, used constantly by different members, how can I get localized error messages?

I'm a little confused. If I have French & English, used constantly by different members, how can I get localized error messages?

At the error message box you can add your own error message in any language that you want and it will be displayed to the user in that language.

At the error message box you can add your own error message in any language that you want and it will be displayed to the user in that language.
Yes, but what if User A is viewing the forum in French because he doesn't understand English, but User B is viewing it in English because he doesn't understand Français. How can I get User B to understand the error if I put it in French? And vice versa?

Yes, but what if User A is viewing the forum in French because he doesn't understand English, but User B is viewing it in English because he doesn't understand Français. How can I get User B to understand the error if I put it in French? And vice versa?

You got me all confused here :D

You got me all confused here :D
Two users: A & B. A lives in America and only understands english. B lives in France and only understands French. I have a forum that caters to both A & B by having both English & French language packs. How can I install this, and have user B, who uses the french pack receive a french error, while A, who uses the english pack, receive an english error.

Two users: A & B. A lives in America and only understands english. B lives in France and only understands French. I have a forum that caters to both A & B by having both English & French language packs. How can I install this, and have user B, who uses the french pack receive a french error, while A, who uses the english pack, receive an english error.

Phase manager? Set the words in the error message as a phase and the use the manager to handle the diff languges...

Top Bottom