Noyce & Moore created their first product in nine months after they started Intel

WordPerfect was the new kid on the block when I was using WordStar! No one could dethrone WordStar! We did all formatting on screen just like formatting a page in HTML. But we did have keyboard shortcuts to insert common codes. Oh well, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Word Star! That was the one that I liked. It has been a while.

But of course, there was no way the cpm operating system would ever be dethroned either ;)

That was before dos.

Shorthand and Longhand Macros were king in WordStar!

Wow... Blue Screen of Death has really changed meanings...

WordPerfect was the new kid on the block when I was using WordStar! No one could dethrone WordStar! We did all formatting on screen just like formatting a page in HTML. But we did have keyboard shortcuts to insert common codes. Oh well, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Wow, someone with older memories than me....:eek:

....thank you Lord !!

PS: Someone destroyed WordStar and Word Perfect = M$ did when they made the OS not compatible with a lot of old software. It is all a game to software producers, a very sad one for consumers, thank God Apple and Google are strong today or M$ would have ruined everything.

Wow, someone with older memories than me....:eek:

....thank you Lord !!

Well, I started out with clay tablets! Funny, you know how they always show someone reading a clay or stone tablet? I saw an archeologist once demonstrate his theory: He took a clay tablet, laid a papyrus on it, rubbed it with charcoal and walked away with a readable copy! Sure makes sense to me!

Well, I started out with clay tablets!...

Do you remember 4" wafers? Remember the 8048? Or even the 8080?

DSC_1094 (Large).webp

heh... how about the one that pre-dates that calculator? They had that there too, I believe it used some of the first Intel chips.. (otherwise it would not have been there).

DSC_1072_smaller.webp

I have an adding machine that works well, you just have to know how to use them.

A scientific calculator is way too complicated for me to figure out, I guess you need to be a mathematics expert to use a lot of this stuff.

Top Bottom