Lack of interest Notify user if thread is deleted

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Notified how? via AJAX? How would it know? It'd have to run checks to the server (or cache) every X seconds/minutes which could cause some high server loads. If it's ran every X minutes, how often are people writing a post for that amount of time?

hmmm...maybe every x amount of characters? That might not work either...hmmm this is a tough one, but it can cause a ton of problems for ppl for who post to a deleted thread...maybe it should notify them that it has been selected for deletion like when an admin/mod selects it and that sends a query to the poster...so that they know that it is most likely going to be deleted...might save a decent amount of resources.

hmmm...maybe every x amount of characters? That might not work either...hmmm this is a tough one, but it can cause a ton of problems for ppl for who post to a deleted thread...maybe it should notify them that it has been selected for deletion like when an admin/mod selects it and that sends a query to the poster...so that they know that it is most likely going to be deleted...might save a decent amount of resources.
When an admin/mod selects it it's done via JS so it doesn't interact with the server. Making it interact with the server on every checkbox tick could also be pretty server intensive... :P

When an admin/mod selects it it's done via JS so it doesn't interact with the server. Making it interact with the server on every checkbox tick could also be pretty server intensive... :p
darn it...why u got to shoot down everything I suggest lol...hmmm maybe make it work by magic?

I'm not entirely sure if I'm correct there with the checking. I'm pretty sure though.

The only way to know if a thread is deleted whilst you're viewing the thread is to be asking the server periodically if the thread still exists. This is gonna take some resources I guess, unless you can get the server to talk to the client without the client requesting it periodically.

But hey, my experience in this field is very limited so you'd be better off waiting for a more reliable opinion :P

I'm not entirely sure if I'm correct there with the checking. I'm pretty sure though.

The only way to know if a thread is deleted whilst you're viewing the thread is to be asking the server periodically if the thread still exists. This is gonna take some resources I guess, unless you can get the server to talk to the client without the client requesting it periodically.

But hey, my experience in this field is very limited so you'd be better off waiting for a more reliable opinion :p
Hopefully :)

Top Bottom