1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notifications

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by tommydamic68, Aug 16, 2013.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Is there an add on for a notification when another member replies or quotes your thread or post?

Thanks.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is built in (see what I did there?). And you can "Watch" the thread to receive reply notifications (via email or alerts).

3. tommydamic68

I thought the watch was sort of like VB's subscribed and that you guys had the watch feature set as default - am I wrong?

Thanks!

4. Jeremy

It can be set as default in your user preferences (which the default is also controlled via the ACP). I usually turn it off on any forum I visit. I don't want to be automatically watching a thread personally.

5. tommydamic68

So when I create a new thread, then someone posts in it or quotes me in it- it will send me a notification to my email? And I do not have to be watching the thread?

6. Jeremy

Quote notifications are sent via the alert system. You have to watch the thread and elect for email alerts to get emails.