1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notifications

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by tommydamic68, Aug 16, 2013.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Is there an add on for a notification when another member replies or quotes your thread or post?

Thanks.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

That is built in (see what I did there?). And you can "Watch" the thread to receive reply notifications (via email or alerts).

3. tommydamic68

I thought the watch was sort of like VB's subscribed and that you guys had the watch feature set as default - am I wrong?

Thanks!

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

It can be set as default in your user preferences (which the default is also controlled via the ACP). I usually turn it off on any forum I visit. I don't want to be automatically watching a thread personally.

5. tommydamic68

So when I create a new thread, then someone posts in it or quotes me in it- it will send me a notification to my email? And I do not have to be watching the thread?

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

Quote notifications are sent via the alert system. You have to watch the thread and elect for email alerts to get emails.