Lack of interest Notifications for watched post edits

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mr Lucky

My suggestion today is that when you edit a post, notifications could be sent to anyone watching the thread.

EDIT: I am not talking about moderator actions editing a member's posts, but when a member edits their own post.

It would need an option to send notification or not, as it would be annoying to receive notifications for minor typo corrections, but I think it would be good if you could opt to send notifications for any edits that add significantly to the post.

2nd EDIT:
You could argue that if there is something significant then you should make a new posts however I think that often it can be useful to keep relevant information, argument points etc. together in the same post, especially true I believe for the post post in an information thread. For example in five minutes after I posted this I might think of another reason to argue why this is a good idea, and rather than spreading such posts around the thread it would be nice if they are all together in the OP, and people get notified of a new point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
An alert can already be sent to the author of the post that is edited. I'm not sure what usefulness there is from alerting all users watching the thread.

An alert can already be sent to the author of the post that is edited.

Yes, that is a moderator action. I'm talking about people editing theor own post

AI'm not sure what usefulness there is from alerting all users watching the thread.

The mere fact you misunderstood my OP means I should edit it. And this demonstrates how useful because anyone watching the thread could get an alert to the fact that it has been significantly edited. proves my point very well.

Top Bottom