1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notices

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by XenStyle, Apr 5, 2013.

1. XenStyle

XenStyle Active Member

If I have a notice set up with a link to another page in it, is there anyway to dismiss the notice when the user is redirected?

2. XenStyle

XenStyle Active Member

Also, how can I make the dismiss "X" show permanently, rather than on hover?

3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

The x does show permanently or atleast it does for me. On hover it is surrounded by a box. but the x is permanently shown.

edit: sorry, my mistake it does disappear once you move out the notice area.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I haven't checked but you may need to edit the .js to deal with the X issue.
    I actually add some text to each notice to make it clear.

HTML:
    <span style="float: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; color: #666666">Click the X to dismiss &rarr;</span>
    As for the first point, I suspect an add-on would be required as there are no options related to that.

5. XenStyle

XenStyle Active Member

I tried something like that, but unfortunately it just doesn't work/fit my notices (I am trying to keep them minimalistic). I will see if I can figure out the .js to turn off the hover