1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Notice recurring?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by sbj, Mar 29, 2015.

1. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

1) When I setup a notice for (registered) people, and when this notice can be dismissed, will this
    upload_2015-3-29_18-17-0.png

make the notice reoccur?

So when once dismissed, after not visited for at least 5 days, will the notice appear again?

Or once dismissed, it will never be shown until the user himself restores it?

2) I couldn't find a way to make notices recurring, like recurring every 7 days. Am I missing here something? Only reoccuring option is to reoccur every day but not chosen days or weekly, right?

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

sbj likes this.
  3. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

As far as I know Chris' add-on can't be used instead of the notices, displaying on forum_list under the breadcrumb, am I right?

I don't like pop-ups, they are distracting and annoying. But if this can "work" like notices, that would be great with the "temporary dismissal" and "reoccurring" feature.

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Correct, it appears as a pop-up on the forums. You're specify where you want it to appear using template names. It is an alternative to the Notices system. You can use both if you wish, it doesn't replace Notices.

Each to their own. I like the pop-up notifications, they can't be missed as easily as Notices. You are right though, overdoing them can be annoying.

Temporary dismissal/reoccurring notifications are possible, I use them for several things on my forums.

sbj likes this.
  5. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

Maybe my point 1) is kind of reoccurring and with setting "5 days not visited" it would be kind of temporary dismissal. Actually not what I want but could be "ok".

Anyone can explain?

6. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Any notice that is dismissed, whatever the criteria, will not be viewed again by a user unless they restore dismissed notices.

sbj likes this.
  7. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

Very disappointing. Thank you.

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Now you know one of the reasons why I use the Notifications add-on. :)

sbj likes this.
  9. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

Yeah, got it. I am considering it now, if it can be used more in a subtle way and if I want to spend money on that which should have been core (not the pop up, the features). Thank you for helping me out.