Notable Member List: Ideas, Brainstorming, Suggestions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's to "Facebook" friendsy looking for my taste and the reason I hope it is an option... otherwise I feel template edits coming on. ;)

well, you could just have simple "Tabbed Memberlists" for various data shown at each of the Tabs.
https://new.myspace.com/discover/people

Of course you could turn off showing "Followers" and "Following" at the Memberlist via an option in ACP.

O.K., I know Mike will kick me now out of this thread :D ;)

:censored:

It look very nice, I think that the members lists should be simple and less details of each profile. Who's Top Posters, Who's Top Thanked, Who's Top Referrels, Who's Top Threads, etc, these kinds would be more fun than user's pictures/follower lists. That's my opinion. ;)

It look very nice, I think that the members lists should be simple and less details of each profile. Who's Top Posters, Who's Top Thanked, Who's Top Referrels, Who's Top Threads, etc, these kinds would be more fun than user's pictures/follower lists. That's my opinion. ;)

yeah, it would be better to show certain "interests" of each user, e.g.: "Most Favorite Threads" or "Most Favourite Posts" or "Most Favourite Images" or "Most Favourite Articles" or "Most Favourite Websites", etc. for each user.

But unfortunately we currently do not have any "Bookmarking-feature" and there is also no "Gallery" and no "Pinboard" which lets us show "interests" or "favourites" of each user.

If we would have these kind of features, then the Memberlist would be an easy ballgame....

;)

This is just a simple Mockup. It is hard to visualize the idea on a static Mockup.

If you use hover-effects over avatar-images, then it does not look "busy" at all.
Hover-effect similar to here (hover over the images to see what I am talking about): http://weheartit.com

:)

The "function" of a Memberlist should be to "discover" people - based on their activity and most importantly based on their interests: "Find like-minded people with whom you share common interests....."

The current "A-Z"-listing of members does not provide this functionality.

:cool:

I'm seriously starting to love you. I'm probably in the minority here but a layout like that would definitely be what I'd imagine when thinking about how to do Notable Members properly.

I see some great ideas for either core or add-on but let's not forget the less is more principle of XF :)

there will be "options" in ACP which let you decide which "Tabs" you want to show at the "Notable Memberlist".
Also, there are "options" in ACP which let you configure which elements you want to show for each Tab.

:p:eek:;)

:notworthy:

Queries guys...queries....

Nobody thinks on the amount of queries generated? If you want something a forum with thousands of queries and a lot of useless information please migrate to vbulletin

It could be as simple as this though :whistle:
http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/popular/

^ This was an add-on which I was using. It doesn't exactly work (not any more). It stop updated. I've got threads with more likes, members with more post, ect..... Still kind of "stuck"

A replacement maybe nice. Although not needed.

Will keep the above example enabled for the time being.

Queries guys...queries....

Nobody thinks on the amount of queries generated? If you want something a forum with thousands of queries and a lot of useless information please migrate to vbulletin

I agree, but =>
Total User Likes => available in user table
Total User Posts => available in user table
Total Resources a user posted => available in user table

extra queries => 0 :)

this Mockup should actually have the Tab "Most Followers" active, not the Tab "Most Messages" as shown in the Mockup.
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...instorming-suggestions-etc.50139/#post-537069

:)

For the Tab "Most Messages", there could be a "Counter" (count up instead of countdown) which is showing the count of Messages.
:D

For the Tab "Most Likes", show the top 5 posts of a specific member which are having the "Most Likes".
:cool:

There could be also an additional Tab named "Most Following", besides the Tab "Most Followers".
:coffee:

Most likes and most followers does basically the same: it highlights the members who have the most appreciated content on the website. It seems more logical to combine both into one ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom