• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Norwegian Language Pack

Garamond

I have started the work on translating XenForo to norwegian and will be uploading the language file here when done.

Er i ferd med å oversette XenForo til norsk (bokmål), og kommer til å laste den opp her når jeg er ferdig.

Hei - En nordisk ven :) ... Det er et stort projekt du har kastet dig ud i.. God vind på vejen (y) ..

Hei - A Nordic friend :)... It is a great project you've have taken on your shoulder.. Good luck on the road ..

Just have in mind - that some add-ons modules still have hardcoded text - and seems to have seen a thread here that the very core portion also has some hard coded text strings - but not sure.

Export the xml file including not translated phrase to your local drive. Edit the file with utf-8 encoding... And if you wish to install add-ons - then translate the install xml file before install it. Thats the easiest easiest. We also have the problems with 12 am/pm vs ours 24 H notation..

If you encounter some words you can not find, let me hear from you. Has even endured a lot with it, so there's no reason that you should suffer the same.

Garamond

Thanks Walter! And greetings goes back to wonderful Austria :)

BlackMuddler: Thanks for the heads up, I hope the developers of both XenForo and add-ons will make adjustments so that translating everything can be made as easy as possible. Since this software reached 1.0.0 yesterday it's probably a lot of those small quirks which will be fixed in time. Btw, the xml-translation of add-ons before installation is something I've used to do when doing the same with vBulletin earlier - but thanks for the info, then I know what to do here as well. For now, anyway.

I have a good feeling about XenForo, and I think it will change the whole forum landscape over the next years. In a good way :) I'm already looking forward to upgrade my vBulletin forum to XenForo when the day comes that user albums also will find it's place in this software.

Garamond

Didn't find any translation options on all the months (January through December), where you specify your birth date. Is this really hard coded?

Search for:

Code:
title="month_1"
And you will find alot.. And no - its not hardcoded that part.. Have you exported all phrased in one big xml file?

Garamond

Thanks. Didn't do it the xml way so far, but I guess I should jump into it sooner than later. The thing is, I find it much more funny translating via the admin CP.

Started that way my self - after one day I stopped at took the text editor way. There seems to have a much better view of what is coming, it's easier to search with a text editor - also have color syntax, so I'm sure that I do not accidentally delete a [] sign.

Are confident that you will come to that too. It is much better, faster, and not least easier.

How is this progressing, Garamond? :) I have just moved my board from vBulletin 4 to Xenforo, and am looking for a Norwegian language pack. Maybe I could help you out?

Garamond

I'm only at around 20% done, at best. It's quite time consuming, so any help would be appreciated. I'll start a conversation with you so we can figure out the details.

Garamond

I've pretty much completed the front end, but since I'm constantly working on this I urge you to drop me a note if you're interested in the language file.