1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Normal Color & New Thread Color/Unread Color

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by 51463, Oct 15, 2013.

1. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

I can't find the option to change the colors. I found the Normal Forum Color. It's under

Style Properties > Building Blocks : Primary Content Link

But I can't seem to find the settings which Sets the Color on the Main Forum when there is a new Thread.

Just the settings for the Main Forum.. The View Forum inside colors works fine.

2. mistypants

mistypants Well-Known Member

On the node list (as in, the forum home), it would be in Style Properties > Forum / Node List > Node Title - Unread.

3. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

Thank you! All I need to press was Bold.

One last question. How about where to change the subforums color(unread) on the Main Page. I need to press Bold for this too.

On the main page it is like this:

Cars Forum
    big car small car medium cars

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

They should inherit from what @mistypants posted.

5. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

oh i see.. maybe its my eyes but i can't tell the difference when its bold.

6. mistypants

mistypants Well-Known Member

It depends on what font you're using and what kind of text smoothing your browser/operating system uses. If you don't feel the bold is enough, using a slightly lighter, darker, or more saturated color can be a subtle but significant change. Text shadow also is pretty fun to play with.

Amaury likes this.