• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

None xenForo Design Feedback

Lee

(Please move this if there is a more appropriate place).

Just looking for some design feedback.

This is actually loosely based on an old design of mine circa 2008.

I'm currently re-writing the front-end using Bootstrap by Twitter.

My problem is, it has been so long since I have done any design work that I am feeling a little un-inspired. Looks a little bland to me.

Any idea how I can brighten things up a little? Or a better way to display my content?

WIP1.png

imthebest

Formerly Super120
What is your public and what is the site for?

I'm not a designer but I don't like the color palette used on that screenshot. White and blue are ok, but pink and yellow plus that heaven color at the top I don't like.

RickM

the pink "Active" home button on your navigation bar needs the text to be white. Look into website accessibility as this is a basic thing to be considering right out of the box.

I'm not a fan of the yellow/pink colours, as colour pallets go, these don't seem to be going together very well. If possible, I'd keep the pink but drop the yellow.

Lee

What colour would you opt for to replace the yellow?

Thanks for the feedback so far, much appreciated. Will do some further research - made the active tab text white for a start.

Lee

Tried a new colour for the navbar. The dark pink text isn't very readable though, not sure what to try here, might go for a very light shade of pink.

Does this look better?

WIP2.png