1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Node Tree Isuue

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Rum Runner Entertainment, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Rum Runner Entertainment

Rum Runner Entertainment Active Member

Hi, I had backed up my old SQL node tables, and so there was an issue deleting them from the actual ACP, so I deleted the SQL tables, and now for some reason, my node tree is still showing them active when they're not there, and now it's acting up for some reason. What should I do? Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 5.00.58 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 5.01.12 PM.png

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can't delete content from the database like that, it will cause all sorts of problems.

I would recommend restoring from a backup and deleting the nodes via the ACP.

3. Rum Runner Entertainment

Alright, that's the thing though, I wasn't able to delete the nodes from the ACP, that's why I deleted it from the database. What should I do then?

4. Brogan

Why weren't you able to delete them?

5. Rum Runner Entertainment

I don't know. The message popped up saying that they couldn't be found.

6. Brogan

Then you likely have database corruption to some degree.

7. Rum Runner Entertainment

Hmm.., but is there a way to revert this or to fix this issue?

8. Brogan

It depends on the nature of the corruption.

It would require interrogating various tables to determine what the issues are and then probably queries to attempt to resolve it.

9. Rum Runner Entertainment

So who will be able to do this? Well I mean, I can try and upload a duplicated XF Node table.. I can see if that works?

10. Rum Runner Entertainment

Nvm, everything is fine. Thanks Brogan!