Node Title as Image

Been look through the forums and haven't found a solution or if one exists in which you can have an image be used as a background for a node within the index tree and for any sub-forums. Looked at rpdom.com as some inspiration and love how they've worked their layout.

Node Ideas rpdom.webp

Or in some way how Miner had used in his Metro theme.

Node Ideas metro.webp
I think with his he changed the category banner. Anyway, I'm working on understanding the theming of Xenforo more for my site. I'm using the 2-column layout for the index and I think if could find some way to incorporate the images as a background would make the nodes pop, or I might be creating more work for not so much sizzle.

For the same image in every node, if I'm reading you correctly, you can use a variation of

Code:
.nodeList .categoryForumNodeInfo, .nodeList .forumNodeInfo, .nodeList .pageNodeInfo, .nodeList .linkNodeInfo {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/misc/nodebg.png") repeat-x scroll 0% 0% #ededec !important;
border: 1px solid #191C22;
}

Changing, border colours, image url... and whether you want it to repeat or not.

For a different image per node, it's a little more detailed and would require specific information relating to your site (node ID's for categories and forums).

Top Bottom