XF 1.2 Node problem

mpdchicken

I have a weird problem, for a certain node, I can not delete it nor change anything about it. No members can create threads in it either, the thread creation panel is open to them but when they try to post their finished thread, nothing happens. All the permissions are set correctly as this was not an issue before, I am the super admin of the forum too so there should be no reason for this to happen. Every other node is fine. I created a duplicate node too with the name name and permissions and the same problem. The node is called "Advertise your channel" and the description is "This is where you can post your channel to be rated and reviewed by our members. Only VIP Members can create their own threads, however normal members may rate peoples channels." . Am I missing something?

Nope, nothing happens at all. It's as if the buttons are not functioning at all. It seems turning adblock off resolves the issue somehow :confused: however I had 0 ads on my forum. I'm open to ideas here lol.

Nope, nothing happens at all. It's as if the buttons are not functioning at all. It seems turning adblock off resolves the issue somehow :confused: however I had 0 ads on my forum. I'm open to ideas here lol.

What browser are you using? You could try clearing your cache as well.

Any errors in your server error logs? The ones in the server itself, not the Admin CP.

Have you used "Never" in your permissions? Have you used the permissions analyzer to determine why only certain members can post?
Nope I have not used never permissions and I have done that too. It seems to be no problem with permissions, so this is why I am stumped.

Any errors in your server error logs? The ones in the server itself, not the Admin CP.
No errors are logged as the functionality of the buttons are disabled completely.

What browser are you using? You could try clearing your cache as well.
I've tested this in Firefox and Chrome and have had many users test it in their browsers too.

The problem seems to only never occur with members who do not have adblock. Any member without adblock, the forum runs smoothly. Somehow, with adblock active, users are not able to post a thread in this node, nor am I able to delete it from the admin panel. Once adblock is stopped, I can do so. Which is why I am finding this very strange. The only reason I found this was because adblock said it was blocking 2 ads on my forum, when I was trying to create a thread. Which makes no sense as I have no ads on my forum at all and on other pages adblock was block 0 ads. The two buttons that do not work when creating a thread are the button to post it and the button to preview it.

I've resolved the issue for now, for some reason having the word "Advertise" on the node caused adblock to block some functionality within the node itself. It sounds stupid, but by I just tested it on other nodes too.

Ad block works on URLs, and when viewing a node it has one of the triggers in it, it may block access. It happens on any site that uses one of the triggers in the URL.

Top Bottom