XF 1.2 Node Permissions

topcat

Am I missing something or are node permissions a huge pain on xenforo.

they seem really long winded.

eg. if I have 50 nodes and want a certain usergroup to only be able to only access 2 of them. do I have to click on a individual node and then click on the user group I want, set the permission and then repeat this 47 times for the rest of the nodes

I love xenforo but the above could be done in seconds on vbulletin with the permissions view that listed all the nodes with the usergroups below them. Also on vb you could set the permissions for a category and make them all the same for the forums in that category.

say I want to make the lowest group only able to see the welcome area on my forum until they have created an intro etc or If i want a group where if a member is constantly getting warnings they can be moved to a group where all the forum will be blocked off apart from 1 node which staff and that group have access to.

which is the quickest way to do that

have I over looked something?

Last edited:
Reactions: OCC
Revoke the view node permission on registered for your two nodes, and allow them on the groups you want.

If you want a group to be able to view only one node, revoke the "View Node" permission on registered (globally) and allow it on that specific node.

You can do the same on Xenforo with Categories - set the permissions for the category node and then all child forum nodes will have the same permissions cascaded down to them.

You can do the same on Xenforo with Categories - set the permissions for the category node and then all child forum nodes will have the same permissions cascaded down to them.

Really per usergroup. You sure. Well I set the category node inaccessible to a certain group and they could still access all the nodes within that category

Top Bottom