XF 1.1 Node Permissions & User Promotions

Quiver

Basically I have a few forums where users can only post in after they've made 5 posts.
On the 5th post they get upgraded from Registered to a group I made called Registered+.

On the node permissions for Registered I set post new topic to "Revoke" for these forums.
And for the Registered+ I set the post new topic to "Allow" (not inherit) for these forums.

However, the Registered+ users are still unable to create a new topic. Any advice please?

EDIT: I've located the problem. The users were not being promoted.
Now when I run the cron manually the eligible users were promoted.
But the cron doesn't seem to be working on an automatic basis, sadly.
I've read it only promotes users who've been active in the last 3 days.
The problem is, all my eligible users have been active in the last 3 days.
But they still were not promoted when they should have been. Ideas?

Promotions are run hourly. You may wish to manually run the cron after creating the promotion:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> User Group Promotions -> Controls: Run

And even if you manually run the cron it only processes users who have been active in the last 3 days. If you want to process all users regardless of activity then you need to use this updated version of the cron:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...cron-running-out-of-memory.31541/#post-362657

That will allow you to remove 'last_activity' => array('>', XenForo_Application::$time - 86400 * 3) from the file to process all users without memory problems.

I have XenForo version 1.1.3. Is this fix for my version of XenForo?

Yes. The fix may not be necessary if you don't have tens of thousands of users to process. You can remove the last_activity line without the fix, but if it generates memory_limit errors then you need the fix.

Right, but one thing I still don't quite understand.
My users have been active within the last 3 days.
So they "should" be processed without the fix???
However, they're not. But I'll remove this line.
If that doesn't solve my issue I'll be back in touch.

I have used your patch and removed the 'last_activity' => array('>', XenForo_Application::$time - 86400 * 3)
I ran the cron manually. Only one user got promoted. I ran it again..another. But only one at a time.
Something really isn't right here. The cron just isn't working properly. Please advise.

EDIT: I've just run the cron manually a few more times. Noticed something else:
Some members which had been promoted in the last cron are now demoted again.
Whereas others who weren't promoted when they should have been are promoted.
Then I run again...they're demoted and the others are re-promoted. This is weird!!!

I believe I have fixed this issue, thankfully.
The problem was with the criteria I had set.
I had set too many (conflicting) options. :p
All works now. Thanks Jake for the help!!!

Top Bottom