1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Node Last Post is using image but I can't find where to take it out.

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by markANTHONY, Nov 21, 2011.

1. markANTHONY

markANTHONY Member

Hopefully that title made some sense to someone :)

I'm trying to change the colour of the last post column on the forums list on the main page. I can do this by changing the seeting in Style Properties > Forum / Node List > Node Last Post. So I can change the colour fine, but it's using a gradient image which is destroying the look of it. There's no image url in this setting. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, it's driving me crazy :)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Add this to the Miscellaneous field:
    background: @primaryDark !important;
    Change the colour to suit.
    markANTHONY likes this.
  3. markANTHONY

markANTHONY Member

Amazing, thank you! I think you saved the life of my laptop :)
  4. markANTHONY

markANTHONY Member

Now any idea where I can edit the poll background colour?
  5. markANTHONY

markANTHONY Member

In addition to the polls background, I can't find where to edit the what's new results, and discussion list (specifically the threadstarter's avatar column bg and the reply/view count column bg, standard threads and stickied threads, as they are different), and when creating a new thread/message the text input box, once I start typing in there it switches to a too lighter colour to see what I'm typing. If anyone can help out with these, I'd be very grateful. It's really starting to do my head in.

The styling options in XenForo are way more complicated than I imagined they could/would/should be.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you are drastically changing the color scheme then you might consider starting with the palette:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Color Palette

Then after you have set the general color palette you can go into the CSS to change specific colors.

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Building Blocks -> Secondary Content

Same property:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Building Blocks -> Secondary Content

See this thread:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Forms
    > Textarea, Focused State
    > Text Control, Focused State
    markANTHONY likes this.
  7. markANTHONY

markANTHONY Member

Thank you so much!