1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Node Icons

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by |Jordan|, Dec 13, 2014.

1. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

I got custom node icons working for my forums (each forum gets a different icon) and they display fine on the "index.php?forums" page. But when i click one of my categories and im taken to "index.php?categories/announcements.2/" it shows the old default icons. Any idea how to fix this?

Here's a sample of the code im using:

HTML:
    .node .node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
        background-image: url("data/img/category/announcements.png");
    }
    .node .node_2 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
        background-image: url("data/img/category/announcements.png");
    }

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Try:

Code:
    .node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("data/img/category/announcements.png") !important;
    }
    .node_2 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("data/img/category/announcements.png") !important;
    }

You have the .node in front of the .node_# which works on the main forum page but doesn't carry over to the forum view pages because it's not inside the typical container with the sub-heading.

Market1234, |Jordan| and Andrej like this.
  3. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

Awesome, that fixed it.

Many many thanks!