Nobody on my forum has EVER marked a question solved

beerForo

So this is an open suggestion to make this more intuitive. How about a reminder they have a lingering question that has answers, as an alert? Or maybe the row is red and when they mark solved it is back to normal but only they see the red post so they wonder why and mark solved, or something?

Last edited:
Upvote 18
I second this non suggestion. Make it better....

There's too much friction and obfuscation. Maybe a follow up alert or notice for each reply would make it apparent.

You didn't vote. Does that button need more attention too? 😂😂😂
Suggested:

I have 3 now. :X

I think there needs to be a cron to pm users with an unresolved, open question thread after X days.

"Hey JoeQMember, you've had N replies to thread X. Did you get the help you needed? If so, please let other's know by accepting the most correct answer"

or something

You can add a report option named "Solution". Because members can't mark question solved because It is not opened in the question type.

As I sort of allude to above a tasteful nag reminder system for qa threads (extended to other thread types where upvoting is key) would work.

Acp configurable alert or PC msg, so and so thread has received x number of answers please mark one as the answer. This would pop up every x days.

I think it might work well without being too nagging.

How about a pop-up prompt similar to when you mark forums read.

You are posting a Question.
You may vote answers up and down, please mark your question as Solved using the checkmark icon once it has be answered to your satisfaction.
[x] Do not show this message again. <-- important part, only show once

How about a pop-up prompt similar to when you mark forums read.

You are posting a Question.
You may vote answers up and down, please mark your question as Solved using the checkmark icon once it has be answered to your satisfaction.
[x] Do not show this message again. <-- important part, only show once

I think if it comes at point of creation people will forget whether it's a popup or an email.

A nag after X number of replies to a thread may work better. That and of course some trophy/reward etc. Just my 2 cents here.

The next bit of fiction is getting people to click on the up arrow, perhaps a pop up at that point might work better or a notice but I'm not in favour of popups in general.

Top Bottom