[Nobita] Pokémon Catcher

[Nobita] Pokémon Catcher [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($25.00)
There needs to be an option somewhere, to show how many of the available have been caught. Say, you have 151 up and available from AdminCP, you need a Pokedex of some type to show how many of those you'ven (the member) caught. Many would want to complete their own "personal" Pokedex, not sure they care if they have caught 237 Pidgey's. This could be another tab in the profile, as well as in the leaderboard (Highest % of Different Pokemon caught)

I've installed, but at this point useless for me unless they are working toward a goal on their own (other than simply catching "the most"). The treasure hunt (rarity, low catch %, being only one to have say, a Snorlax for the longest time, etc) would keep players returning.

Also need to be able to display their own Pokedex total in postbit, as well as "Total Caught".

All I have for now, if get any more ideas, will post.

Would be interesting see a demo of this.

But i agree there needs to be a point to all of it. Importantly would be an integration of XF's criteria system for trophies and all.

Very good addon and great idea ;)

I'm sure @Nobita.Kun update the addon and will have many improvements. We just have to give it time and it will become a program with great options. Lots of fun in our communities.

I've had @Nobita.Kun take my suggestions and get them implemented quickly! I'm interested in seeing where this goes. I have some ideas of how I could use this for my site and will keep an eye on this!

This potentially could be expanded to capture 'trading cards' rather than pokemons! I believe its been requested many times on here.

Questions:
1) Can the addon be expanded so that the user can choose to display their favourite caught 'pokemon' in their postbit.
2) How is the 'pokemon' caught? By clicking on it when it displays?
3) A statistics page to show how many of each pokemons have been caught and who has them.
4) How many queries does this add?

A demo would be really nice!

1) Can the addon be expanded so that the user can choose to display their favourite caught 'pokemon' in their postbit.
Yup. Possible.

2) How is the 'pokemon' caught? By clicking on it when it displays?
Yup. Click to image when it is available then try to catch them. Lower catch rate will be difficult for players. In next release will have PokeBalls which much more activity for that.

A statistics page to show how many of each pokemons have been caught and who has them.
Well. I will consider this case in next release.

How many queries does this add?
Well. Via AJAX loading then your site not effect while loading. Also it is performanced.

When you change the local time in your preferences, Pokémon appear at other times.

Example:
Haunter appears from 3:00 AM. to 6:00 AM.
If the user changes the time at 3 AM, Haunter will appear.

You can modify and set the server time?

I'm thinking something like a modal window would work better for when a pokemon appears. Right now, the Pokemon appear in the below_bottom_breadcrumb template which is where a lot of ads are located, so it sort of stretches, which is rather hard on the eyes (imo). So my suggestion is to turn the "Pokemon appears" with the image of the pokemon into a model window (like for logins and such), then you can proceed to catch them.

Also, If I'm not mistaken, the template for when a pokemon appears is present even if the pokemon is technically not there. As such, the word "Pokemon appears" is shown below the bottom breadcrumb on all pages for members who have the view pokemon permission enabled (100% of the time). I'm still testing but that seems off to me...

when user got specific pokemon, its will be good to not see any pokemon in next 24 hours, limited pokemon catch to 24 hours everytime when catch one.

Top Bottom