No avatars

TPerry

Well, next problem that has come up with the move to the VPS is none of the avatars are able to be selected and if you upload one it only shows the broken image. All directories/files currently have 755 set on them. I have libmagick and GD loaded (from what I can tell).
Further, if I try to upload a file I get the below error:

Code:
ErrorException: move_uploaded_file(/var/www/twowheel/internal_data/attachments/0/30-aff6e74f9aabffcb62ff5ce719ec80d9.data): failed to open stream: Permission denied - library/XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php:203
Generated By: Tracy, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'move_uploaded_f...', '/var/www/twowhe...', 203, Array)
#1 /var/www/twowheel/library/XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php(203): move_uploaded_file('/tmp/phpNOE5fu', '/var/www/twowhe...')
#2 /var/www/twowheel/library/XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php(183): XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_moveFile('/tmp/phpNOE5fu', '/var/www/twowhe...')
#3 /var/www/twowheel/library/XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php(117): XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_writeAttachmentFile('/tmp/phpNOE5fu', Array)
#4 /var/www/twowheel/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1385): XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_postSave()
#5 /var/www/twowheel/library/XenForo/Model/Attachment.php(488): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#6 /var/www/twowheel/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Attachment.php(195): XenForo_Model_Attachment->insertUploadedAttachmentData(Object(XenForo_Upload), 1)
#7 /var/www/twowheel/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Attachment->actionDoUpload()
#8 /var/www/twowheel/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /var/www/twowheel/index.php(20): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(107) "http://twowheeldemon.com/attachments/do-upload.json?hash=02069b74cc79ad22e014b9de37f79e09&content_type=post"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["hash"] => string(32) "02069b74cc79ad22e014b9de37f79e09"
    ["content_type"] => string(4) "post"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["Filename"] => string(9) "msn10.png"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    ["content_data"] => array(1) {
      ["node_id"] => string(3) "272"
    }
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfSessionId"] => string(32) "03a33cbbb8f63b37592243c6510902ba"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1363410576,e1fbf9121862ab690232e4f9522f4207e2ee4fc7"
    ["Upload"] => string(12) "Submit Query"
  }
}

data and internal_data have to have 777 permissions.

http://xenforo.com/help/installation/

Also, subdirectories on the two above.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/attachments-upload-error.28702/

DINGDINGDINGDING... we have a winner. After you posted that I remembered other discussions about 777 mode for the /data and /internal_data directories.. chmod is your friend :rolleyes:.
I "think" I've just about got all the bugs wrinkled out of the system now. This is why I'm SO glad I chose xenForo instead of some of the others. I've used several of the free ones and the level of help you got there was NOWHERE near what it is here. Now if HostGator will ever get me my prepaid service refunded I can grab another license, increase my VPS upwards and start having some fun (all that's lacking are the users - but I'm doing this more for me than anything else, being retired can be boring if you are disabled).

Top Bottom