NGiNX + cPanel anyone?

Just curious, why do you need cPanel? Wasted money and added load to your server for no reason.

Maybe not everyone has the experience enough to figure out how to do everything the "right" way and they are like me and need the "easy" way. To answer the OP question I have used it in the past when I ran my own VPS and it works really well. Alot faster than Apache. I can't remember what NGINX plugin I used but I could do everything for NGINX in WHM. Will do some searching and see if I can remember what I used. I know it was free. There are a few paid plugins.

Maybe not everyone has the experience enough to figure out how to do everything the "right" way and they are like me and need the "easy" way. To answer the OP question I have used it in the past when I ran my own VPS and it works really well. Alot faster than Apache. I can't remember what NGINX plugin I used but I could do everything for NGINX in WHM. Will do some searching and see if I can remember what I used. I know it was free. There are a few paid plugins.

www.cpnginx.com or maybe www.nginxcp.com? was it free or paid? :D

IF you must have a control panel and are unable or unwilling to setup your VSP or Dedicated Service manually, I would suggest Direct Admin.

It supports nginx natively without needing an outside 3rd party.
It also used fewer resources
Offers more OS support
And is more affordable
It is also more current (up to date)

Just my 2 cents

With Direct Admin what is moving a website like? With Cpanel its just a few clicks and Ive never had issues moving very large websites. I am actually in the process of setting up nginx with a Cpanel set up right now and just came across this post. It is not a test set up but a busy vbulletin website which I will convert to xenforo one day so was just trying to make things a little faster.

The only reason I use Cpanel is that it is extremely quick to move a website from one server to another when you have to change a server. I have no problems using a server without a control panel but its just time consuming and with large number of website it is just a lot more convenient to have something like Cpanel.

Can you talk me away from Cpanel? I would love to really. Its an extra $30 a month for every box :(

Alright I installed nginx on a dedicated server and a VPS both using Cpanel. I used nginxcp.com which is free and installation takes only a few seconds. I do see a lot of difference in performance but it is more apparent on the underpowered VPS (digitalocean 8GB) and the Dedicated server doesnt really show much difference. I am not an expert but in my opinion you can use nginx if resources are a problem for you. The server load goes down as soon as nginx is installed. When I say goes down I mean it goes down by more then 50% kind of thing not a marginal difference but I did not see any noticeable changes in my dedicated server as load was never a problem with it but the VPS is flying ever since I installed nginx.

Reactions: rdn
Alright I installed nginx on a dedicated server and a VPS both using Cpanel. I used nginxcp.com which is free and installation takes only a few seconds. I do see a lot of difference in performance but it is more apparent on the underpowered VPS (digitalocean 8GB) and the Dedicated server doesnt really show much difference. I am not an expert but in my opinion you can use nginx if resources are a problem for you. The server load goes down as soon as nginx is installed. When I say goes down I mean it goes down by more then 50% kind of thing not a marginal difference but I did not see any noticeable changes in my dedicated server as load was never a problem with it but the VPS is flying ever since I installed nginx.
digitalocean with cpaneL?

Top Bottom