Lack of interest Newsfeed => Conversations / Conv. Replies

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
R

ragtek

IMO the newsfeed should include ALL things happening in the forum, so pls also include conversation replies.

Because of the perm. check in the news feed, only people which are alowed to read the conv. will see it, so it won't be any privacy problem and we would have more elements in the recent activities

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That seems a little redundant, no? You already get a red alert bubble in the top right of the forum, which is a pretty clear indication of a reply. I don't really see the benefit of having it in the news feed, especially because it's not really a public action viewable by the majority of the forum which is what the news feed contains.

Yes, it would be redundant.

But, IMO, the newsfeed should include ALL actions happening in the forum.
We're planing to show really EVERYTHING in the newsfeed what the people are allowed to view.
That's the best landing page for members.

Yes, it would be redundant.

But, IMO, the newsfeed should include ALL actions happening in the forum.
We're planing to show really EVERYTHING in the newsfeed what the people are allowed to view.
That's the best landing page for members.
The newsfeed should not include private actions.

not a good idea
conversation is often private and they should not be public at all (n)
obviously private things would be visible to yourself only.
it would be great to talk about this sort of thing without having to hash over elementary 101 bs.

i cant think of a single reason why that must be true.
the sad fact is that the xf feeds are currently irrelevant, despite having the potential to bring 'social' to xf in ways that vb/etc can only dream.
obviously private things would be visible to yourself only.
it would be great to talk about this sort of thing without having to hash over elementary 101 bs.
If I'm PC'ing with someone, I don't want who I'm talking with being public.

it obviously wouldnt be public. it would only be shown to you. an all-inclusive 'wall' with all your alerts, friends status', etc.

the feeds are shaping up to be xenforos 'vb social groups'. it isnt working well anywhere that i have seen. it needs to be revised.

it obviously wouldnt be public. it would only be shown to you. an all-inclusive 'wall' with all your alerts, friends status', etc.

the feeds are shaping up to be xenforos 'vb social groups'. it isnt working well anywhere that i have seen. it needs to be revised.
Once you've read a conversation, what's the point of it being on the news feed? You already know someone replied, and if you didn't know, you get a much more visual cue that you've got an unread message.

Once you've read a conversation, what's the point of it being on the news feed? You already know someone replied, and if you didn't know, you get a much more visual cue that you've got an unread message.
you are assuming the conversation wouldnt have its initial read (and perhaps reply made) right there in the stream.
if there is any part of xf that can be pointed to as non-user-friendly and broken, its the conversation page. the majority of my listed conversations i cant even see who they are with... id love to use pcs in a stream.

I've wrote already in the 1. post:
Because of the perm. check in the news feed, only people which are alowed to read the conv. will see it, so it won't be any privacy problem and we would have more elements in the recent activities
So only the Conversation Participants would see it...

A post in the adminboard is IMO also a privat action (only the other admins can see it) but it's also shown in the news feed..

So i don't understand why everybody is crying here because of the privacy, but doesn't care about the other content types:D

Top Bottom