• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Newest Members: List of usernames instead of Avatar: How to list more than 8 usernames?

A.E.

We have about 50 new members per day. The new members often do not have an avatar, and we want to take a look to the names, if they obey our rules.
So i made this template modification.

In the template "member_list" find the following code:
Code:
<li><xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" text="{$user.username} ({xen:datetime $user.register_date})" class="Tooltip" title="{$user.username}, {xen:phrase joined}: {xen:datetime $user.register_date}" /></li>

And change it to:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link members, $user}" class="Tooltip" title="{$user.username}, {xen:phrase joined}: {xen:datetime $user.register_date}">{$user.username}</a>, </li>
Now it just shows the username in the sidebar of the memberlist, and it links directly to the profilepage of the new member.

That was my intention. But how to change the "limit"? It just shows the newest 8 usernames. I couldn't find a way to change it. Would be perfect to see the newest 30 or 40 usernames. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Gruß, Albert. :p

P.S. Suggestions are welcome. :D
P.S. Sorry for my bad english, i'm a Schwabe. :p

Attachments

• newestmembers.webp
    newestmembers.webp
    26 KB · Views: 34
But how to change the "limit"? It just shows the newest 8 usernames. I couldn't find a way to change it. Would be perfect to see the newest 30 or 40 usernames. Can anybody help me?

That is in the PHP code:

library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php

Code:
		$latestUsers = $userModel->getLatestUsers($latestCriteria, array('limit' => 8));

You could edit the file but that is not ideal. A proper add-on would be better. You can post an Add-on Request. Of if you want to code it yourself then there is the Development Questions forum.

I have actually seen no meaning for avatars with "new members". Because it's with 90% of the newly registered users just a big picture of an "?"

Thanks for your help, Jake Bunce.
smile.png

I see: There's a lot of settings in the php-files i can change, just to totaly damage the forum. :D
I've changed it just for a test. And it works fine.

Hope a member with more php-know how than i has the same idea and makes an AddOn... ;)

Moderators: You can move this thread to the template modifications. Maybe others also want to replace the avatar.

Top Bottom