New York Senate bill seeks to end anonymous internet posting

and the attacks continue... if government enacted laws to prevent any and every crime where would it end? Parents, monitor your kids activities. On one hand one hears often how government is encroaching too much and then you turn around and something like this.

I wish these people would actually understand the internet a bit before making idiotic suggestions like this.

I'm particularly annoyed at this one although I don't see how it could hold up under constitutional grounds. Most of the articles I read on the issue mentioned the same.

Welcome to New America, also known as Nazi America. Funny... We fight tooth and nail in World War 2 to defeat Nazi Germany and yet more restrictions & laws are applied and privacies & rights lost suggest we are becoming that in which we fought against

It'll never survive a court challenge as it is in direct violation of our constitutional rights.
Serious question... Have you seen how many bills have become laws, that violate our constitutional rights... All in the name of security, defence, or justice?

Serious question... Have you seen how many bill have become laws, that violate our constitutional rights... All in the name of security, defence, or justice?
I'm not saying that our system is perfect. There are a lot of bad things happening right now and it terrifies me greatly. So I understand what you're saying... but again this bill is different.

I'm not saying that our system is perfect. There are a lot of bad things happening right now and it terrifies me greatly. So I understand what you're saying... but again this bill is different.
One can only hope those in office (in power) will do the right thing.... Of course it is always a good idea to try to contact those in office and tell them how stupid this idea really is

It'll never survive a court challenge as it is in direct violation of our constitutional rights.
Stupid politicians.

The 1995 Supreme Court ruling in McIntyre v. Ohio Elections Commission said:
Protections for anonymous speech are vital to democratic discourse. Allowing dissenters to shield their identities frees them to express critical minority views . . . Anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority. . . . It thus exemplifies the purpose behind the Bill of Rights and of the First Amendment in particular: to protect unpopular individuals from retaliation . . . at the hand of an intolerant society..

Top Bottom