New Year's Day [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sheldon, @ggace

The "Fall Gold" under "Weekend Trip" is #EEA430 / RGB 238, 164, 48. However, I decided to go with #FFB030 / RGB: 255, 176, 48, which is what we use for our Administrators user group, and what (I believe) I had on the vBulletin version of this style. It's goldenrod.

Now, any suggestions on the silver (#C0C0C0), if you want to call it silver, I have for the content area, such as the forum list rows? Darken it? Lighten it?

1. According to the hex code I have (#FFD700), what you call yellow should be gold. What would you suggest for a more gold look?
  2. As for the gray, that's actually silver (#C0C0C0), but it does have gray shades in it. What would you suggest?
  3. What colors would you suggest for text and links?
  4. For the page background, how about a dark blue?
Also, for reference, I didn't just randomly pick colors, I searched what colors fit New Year's Day and got this.

I'm not really sure if you can mix gold and silver and make it looking good. Gold is a pretty warm color and silver a cold one. So there is a big gap of contrast there and gold will always distract you. If you want to stick with gold, I would use mostly colors that don't differ much from it, like orange, brown and very few silver colors. Make them all consistent, but don't make them too dense. You could use a very light goldish color as the background for text and use a brownish color for the text itself. Use another goldish color for buttons and perhaps a silverish color for the hover effect of buttons. For the header area and hyperlinks you could use a darker brown. Maybe a bit silver for code/quotation boxes.

Amaury updated New Year's Day with a new update entry:

Styling Fixes and Adjustments

• Styled "There are more posts to display / Messages have been posted..." bar
  • Styled attachment upload progress bar
  • Restyled deleted profile post bar
  • Restyled form overlay sub-heading
  • Fixed ugly styling on #stackAlert .stackAlertContent
    Removed bold typeface for selected items from the "Your Account" sidebar
  • Changed notice scrolling to vertical

I think I got everything, but I'm not sure. I actually started adjustments on this the other day.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom