XF 2.1 New User Registration Permissions

Hi,

Recently switched from XF1 to XF2->2.1 and since i've done this we seem to be having an issue with users registering, once they register and confirm their accounts all show working fine on our side but on their side they get an error showing as attached in the screenshot,

The issue seems to be somewhere in the User Cache, as when we manually rebuild the newly registered accounts all appear to be working as they should, incase it was addon related we disabled all addons and used just XF and XFRM but the same issue was present.

We've looked at the Crons both on the ACP as well as on the cronjob server side and everything appears to be working as it should. we've had 9 people sign up and all of them have experienced the issue, we're having to rebuild the user cache with every new sign up and have at present stopped new registrations in hope we can get this resolved as quick as possible.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• ss1.webp
    ss1.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 14
Ok so maybe i was wrong, it would appear when a user is registering the permission_combination_id isn't being populated until a user cache rebuild is being ran which as you can imagine is quite tedious, on 1.5.x we had no issues with this, just seems since we switched in order for new users to register we now have to do a user cache rebuild every time or else they get an error as above... Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction before i just RM -RF the entire directory

More information on the issue and steps to replicate:
1: Register on website - successfully processes and confirmation email is sent to email
2: Click on email and account is confirmed
3: click Forums / Logo / Home and get greeted with Permission error
screenshot1-ds.webp
screenshot2-ds.webp
screenshot3-ds.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom