1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on New Threads Posted On Twitter Automatically

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Wesker, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Here is an example: https://twitter.com/hairlosshelp

When a new thread is created on hairlosshelp.com, it is then posted automatically on Twitter pointing back to the site. Is there an app, mod, api, or anything built in that offers such option with xenForo?

2. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member

3. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Awesome. Another mod Ill buy from you.

4. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

1. Create an IFTTT account.

2. Connect your forums twitter account to your IFTTT account. https://ifttt.com/twitter

3. Use your forum's RSS feed to create a RSS to Twitter recipe.

Now any thread created on your forum will automatically go to your twitter account.

6. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member

It is not my addon. It is @xfrocks

7. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Just letting you know, spent quite a bit of time doing this but it doesn't work.

8. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

You realise Twitter considers this spam, and against their TOS rules? ("If your updates consist mainly of links, and not personal updates")
    Although, this twitter policy, appears to say it's OK for sites's to post feeds for community benefit.

9. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

We used to do this with both twitter and Facebook but stopped. I'm not an SEO wizard but I think it was diluting our content: when you searched for our forums or thread topics, you often found search hits to the social media sites and not ours. We used to use Hootsuite which blasted new threads out to all of the social media sites.

10. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Not worried about this because there are personal updates.

11. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Goal of this is to maintain our Twitter Accounts. If you aren't active on Twitter, it won't rank anywhere in search engines. Shouldn't harm your SEO in anyway.

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Works for me. I wonder what your doing differently.

13. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

It's posting all replies to threads for me. Not just newly created threads.

Not the worse thing in the world but I'm wondering why????