• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

New skin sneak peek

John

Hello all. I'm working on a new skin and thought I'd share a sneak peek :) This is still an early version and there are still quite a few elements to style but it's far enough along that you can get an idea of what to expect. As always, feedback is welcome and appreciated :)

Screen shot 2011-02-19 at 6.55.44 PM.webp

That's looking pretty sharp John!
thumbsup.gif

Other than the breadcrumb arrow issue which I presume is unintentional, it looks great for CoD-esque gaming sites. Very nice! :D

Everything is kind of blurred as it's so dark. I realise this is an early preview, but the text is dark so for me blends into the bg. I've messed my eyes up staring at screens all my life, so this doesnt have enough contrast for me to be able to see much about it.. is it really blurry, or is that me?

The search bar looks out of place, have you considered moving that up to the right of the username/inbox area?

Don't take my input as criticism.. Someone has to be the one to not like it, right? :) I have no doubt this will be a great style, as is all your work, John :)

Well, keep in mind that this is a small screenshot, and it's a very early sneak peek.

Well, keep in mind that this is a small screenshot, and it's a very early sneak peek.
oh i know. my input was not meant as a criticism, I have great respect for the work style designers such John, Miko, Pank et al do, it was meant as hmm, just my views on how it could be improved, wholly in a constructive way if you understand me.

oh i know. my input was not meant as a criticism, I have great respect for the work style designers such John, Miko, Pank et al do, it was meant as hmm, just my views on how it could be improved, wholly in a constructive way if you understand me.

Sure I do, and I didn't think you were criticizing at all. :)

Looks great :), always a fan of a dark them, I feel there are the biggest challenge. My suggestion which you're not at the point yet but maybe do multiple headers for different games to broaden the buyers :)

Repeating What I said on twitter And from the screenshot I'm liking the style. Look forward in seeing this as it matures and hopefully I can give a more in-depth critique when the wheels in my head are turning a little faster. :P As always, Excellent work John. : thumbsup:

I feel bad being the guy who disagrees, but I am not a fan of it. The colors don't feel call of duty to me and the header just seems insanely big. Maybe its the screenshot. Besides that, I like it!

This skin is now live on my site, btw, for those that want to take it for a test drive :) Just select the COD skin from the list.

I'll say again, Excellent style john really liking this one. This is, in my opinion your best xenforo style so far. :thumbsup:

Looks great so far couple things:
  • Black text on the login area from the drop down is somewhat hard to read on my screen
  • The Sign Up button to be honest seems out of place, not so much for the location but the color

But again, good stuff :)

Top Bottom