XF 2.2 New questions feature - can it be reversed?

Jon12345

I like the new Questions feature, where you select the best answer, vote up answers etc. I run a forum that is for tech, and wish to trial out this new feature in one section. My concern is that if I set it up and members don't like it, can I reverse the decision later, so that the voting and best solution features are removed? Or will that break something?

Sounds like trying to address a problem that doesn't exist. Members will investigate and find the tab after they see other people post questions. Is there a real issue with this? Members contacting admins asking how to post a question?

Sounds like trying to address a problem that doesn't exist. Members will investigate and find the tab after they see other people post questions. Is there a real issue with this? Members contacting admins asking how to post a question?
But the problem does exist. See my post above - they aren't posting questions. And I don't want to keep converting them.

Jon12345 is having the same thing, and Chris seems to think it a worthwhile suggestion:

Having a discussion with a few regular members. I'm thinking that many members won't even notice there is a Questions tab.

but being able to set a discussion forum to default to a different type may be something we can consider so may be worth posting as a suggestion.

I think it's fair to say certain types of users (maybe the more techy ones) will not need this, but I think there are a lot of normal people who would benefit from it.

I'm suggesting it as an option for those who would find it useful, not for those who wouldn't.

Sorry I hadn't read the entire thread, I thought this was about "I'm worried that my members are going to do this instead of this" without trial.
No problem mate, I'm sure there are some users who might feel patronised.

You could make it really obvious by having a friendly animated paper clip that jumps up and says" Hello! Are you aware that you can post either a question or a discussion here, see those tabs, just click on the relevant one."

I'm sure all developers have this struggle between simple elegance and over-explaining. The team here on the whole have done very well I think. And it's great the way the are open to suggestions and do listen to feedback.

Reminds me of how Apple make everything super elgant, to the extent that in order to charge your mouse you have to stop using it and lay it on its side, because a charge port anywhere visible would not look elegant.

The question is what we will eat at the weekend. We all suggest things that we like. For shure we want to vote for our own suggestions. Is there an option/addon for this?

Top Bottom