1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 New Profile Posts In Sidebar?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by denisx04, Jun 28, 2015.

1. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

I would like to enable new profile posts to appear in sidebar, I can't for the life of me find where to enable it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2.png

Amaury likes this.
  3. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

Thank you for the reply, that is the first place I looked and the number was always at 5, but still nothing is displayed.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It's already enabled on your site, Denis. :)

Since it's a global option and not a style property, it looks like it may be an issue with the Dark style as I can see it on the Enix Origin style

5. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

Damn it, yeah I have no clue whats going on with the dark style. It should be on there too.

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

@Russ, who ironically already posted here, may be able to help. IIRC, you got the style from him.

7. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

Nope the EnixOrigin theme I did, but the dark theme is from someone else who doesn't support the theme anymore. Please I edited every aspect of it so its kinda mine :p

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Search your Dark style templates for {xen:phrase new_profile_posts}. Are any of them customized?

9. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

Nope.

10. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

11. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

template: forum_list

Code:
      <xen:hook name="forum_list_sidebar">
         <xen:if is="{$canViewMemberList}">
           <xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" />
         </xen:if>

<xen:if is="{$profilePosts}">
           <div class="section profilePostList">
             <div class="secondaryContent">
               <h3><a href="{xen:link find-new/profile-posts}">{xen:phrase new_profile_posts}</a></h3>
               <xen:include template="sidebar_profile_post_list" />
             </div>
           </div>
         </xen:if>

The bottom portion should be there.

Amaury likes this.
  12. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Does that extend to the Members dropdown?

Looking at his forum, I noticed that link was also missing.

13. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

That's specific to the forum list sidebar, the style has been on the site for quite some time I'm assuming it's just really outdated(template wise)

Amaury likes this.
  14. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

Added the part into the theme, nothing appears to happen. I'll just ask for a more updates version of the theme and hope for the best.

15. mapress

mapress Member

Thanks Russ (y)

16. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

Just recently upgraded to 1.5, the option is set to display 5 but again my forum does not display the new posts. Any suggestions on how to move forward? This is also for my light main theme.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  17. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Can you check on the default XenForo style and see if they appear there? Sounds like either a style or an add-on issue.

18. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

Doesn't display on the default style either, and I made sure its enabled in the options screen.

19. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Not sure if it effects it but are there recent posts to show? The block may have some sort of "timer" on it to where it'll only pull in the x amount of recent days.

20. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

I thought that could have been it, just tried making a new post and nothing. The new profile posts does work but no sight of recent new posts.