New Post icon next to Thread Title

AndyB

I know this has been discussed in other threads, but I wanted to create a thread specific to this topic.

The current implementation where the thread title takes you to the first new post isn't a very good solution in IMHO. Almost all other forums have an icon next to the thread title which will take you to the first new post.

Often I like to view a thread from the beginning because I forget what the main point of the thread is about. So I will click on the thread title and read the first few posts and then go to the last page.

The best solution is to use what every other forum does and that is to have the New Post icon next to the thread title and make the thread title go to the first post.

Upvote 0
Click the date for first post in the thread and click the bold title to go to the last unread post. I already posted by logic in the other thread, if you want to read it check it out there.

If it's been discussed ad nauseum, it means that many find the change displeasing. Sometimes it's not not a good idea to deviate too far from what all the other forums are doing.

The main problem is that the thread title which is a link, should always take you to the first post. This is the normal convention for all links on the website.

If it's been discussed ad nauseum, it means that many find the change displeasing. Sometimes it's not not a good idea to deviate too far from what all the other forums are doing.
That wasn't the case, it was mainly because everyone had a different idea of how an unread thread should appear. A lot of of good options were present and discussed, Kier finally settled on one that worked.

Top Bottom