NEW FORUM. Showing latest questions instead of 20 empty forums.

Mbenz

Hi I am considering xenForo.

I will be starting with a blank forum and was wondering if this is possible. I will set up the forum but I will have 20 or so forums.

Instead of showing 20 forums with hardly any topics/questions in them, I would like to show the latest questions. When a new question is asked, the user is required to select the forum it should be in. Eventually, the main page will show all the forums once there are enough questions asked.

The alternative would be that I create only one forum. It will eventually have hundreds of questions. At a later time, I can go through each question and move it to a forum, but I am trying to avoid that.

Does that make sense?

Instead of showing 20 forums with hardly any topics/questions in them, I would like to show the latest questions. Yet, when a new question is asked, the user is required to select the forum it should be in. Eventually the main page will show all the forums once there are enough questions asked.
It would require some form of custom development or an add-on to achieve that.

An alternative approach would be to have a single forum with 20 prefixes.
The threads would be easy to move to new forums in the future as they can be filtered on prefix.

Top Bottom