Lack of interest New Flag

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

erich37

Suggestion:

"New Flag"

always populate blank spots with pictures, even if these pictures have already been viewed by the user.
Mark "New Pictures" (pictures which have not been viewed by the user) with the "New Flag".

new_flag.webp

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That makes no sense. The new media should only show media that is new or with new comments. It would be confusing to show media that isn't new.

"New Media" is currently set to 3 pictures. It seems like it as it always shows 3 pictures.

So it is always showing 3 pictures, although I have viewed them already.

So these pictures are also not "new" to me.

There should not be any blank spots.

If you would do the same at the Forum-threads, you would only see "New Posts" at "Page 1".
The rest of the "Page 1" would be blank.
https://xenforo.com/community/find-new/6033805/posts

Last edited:
"New Media" is currently set to 3 pictures. It seems like it as it always shows 3 pictures.

So it is always showing 3 pictures, although I have viewed them already.

So these pictures are also not "new" to me.

There should not be any blank spots.
Have you actually gone in and viewed the individual media ie on their own pages? If not, you haven't viewed the media, you have only viewed their thumbnails.

If you view each media or click on Marked Viewed, the page will be blank.

upload_2014-11-15_13-32-22.webp

This worked in the same way as the New Posts page. Until you actually view the New Posts, they will remain in the New Posts page.

I mean:

without clicking onto "Mark Viewed".
It always shows 3 pictures.
Presumably because there have been no other media added. When more are, you will see more than 3 on that page. I had loads on mine as I hadn't viewed most of them. Now I have viewed some and clicked on Mark Viewed for the rest, my page is now empty.

That makes no sense. The new media should only show media that is new or with new comments. It would be confusing to show media that isn't new.

I agree with this part. It would be silly to show old ones. New Media is only for New Media only. (i think maybe he was a little confused and thought by viewing the thumbnail it would be marked as "viewed"

About the Flag:

I think the flag idea is awesome idea. I think it would look nice and it would be easier to see which media is new.

This flag would be extremely helpful on the main media page. (when clicking on the media tab)

Because at the moment you cannot see which ones are new unless you click on the New Media Link

I remember asking to add something similar on xenresources.

Here is the thread:

https://xenresources.com/threads/new-media-6-distinguish-new-media-from-old-media.1741/#post-9113

I think the flag idea is awesome idea. I think it would look nice and it would be easier to see which media is new.

This flag would be extremely helpful on the main media page. (when clicking on the media tab)
I don't see where adding redundancies is helpful. Main page Media tab shows the number of New items. Clicking Media takes you to the main Media page where you can select New Media which will open a page with all new and unviewed media.
Simple the menu is all the visual clues one needs for any new content.
Seems to me this would be better suited for an add on rather than core.

I am actually talking about the "Main Media Link":

https://xenforo.com/community/media/

- at "Page 1" I do only see 3 photos
- at "Page 2" I do see 12 photos

But I have figured out the reason now:
when I click "Show Ignored Content", then it shows 12 photos at "Page 1"

Suggestion:
maybe the "Ignored Content" should be put onto the very last page.
Thereby the "Page 1" could be filled with 12 pictures.

ignored_content.webp

I am actually talking about the "Main Media Link":

https://xenforo.com/community/media/

- at "Page 1" I do only see 3 photos
- at "Page 2" I do see 12 photos

But I have figured out the reason now:
when I click "Show Ignored Content", then it shows 12 photos at "Page 1"

Suggestion:
maybe the "Ignored Content" should be put onto the very last page.
Thereby the "Page 1" could be filled with 12 pictures.

View attachment 89282
This is a completely different suggestion to the one in your original post. I suggest you post it as a separate suggestion.

Top Bottom