New board topic?

Jim Boy

It would be great if there was a new node on this forum that had Big Boards as it's topic. I'm involved in running a couple of sites that can have a million plus daily visits, and a redundancy requirement that sees the xenforo software decentralised which leads to it's own peculiar set of issues, for example best practices to maintain code on numerous servers, mysql optimisation such as sharding. The impact of large numbers of usergroups and nodes etc.

While I know that 99% of xenforo licencees aren't that interested I know there are some great people on this board who are involved with larger sites and I think we could all benefit by a bit of knowledge sharing on this particular esoteric aspect of xenforo. Plus you would hope that as Xenforo goes from strength to strength the number of people needing to get going in this area will only increase. Failing that, how about a prefix listing?

That thread doesnt seem to have reached any resolution and it is three years old, seems pointless to bump now

Xenforo is more widely used now and the big forums have gotten bigger. New cloud platforms and technologies are reshaping the way in which we have to operate. This forum is frustrating for operators like me. For example recently the board for which I am tech lead recenty was sold and I had to find a new home for it. It was previously running on three web servers, but it wasn't really able to cope with the spikey nature of the traffic. Cloud was the obvious solution. However instead of being able to go to a place to read case studies on how the bigger boards were setup, I had to pretty much take a suck it and see approach. I've learnt a few things which could help other big board admins, but without platform to share, they will have to suck it and see too.

Top Bottom