Lack of interest New automatic status for unattended reports based on start date (or last comment date if apply)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

imthebest

Hello,

On my forums I have 4,500+ active reports. I have a moderation problem I know but it would be awesome if XenForo could add a new status to these:

Do not change
Assigned
Resolved
Rejected

The new status proposed should be labeled "Expired" and shouldn't be publicly available but must be controlled automatically by XenForo based on a value previously specified on the ACP. For example an admin could choose to expire those reports who have been submitted more than 30 days ago and have been unassigned since originally reported. Btw if the report have had comments (be it follow-up reports by the original reporter, further reports by other members or moderator comments) then the date to calculate the age of the report must be the date of the last comment and not the original report date.

Why is this required? Well, basically because the reports page doesn't have pagination and what makes it worst is that it doesn't scale well.

Thanks,
Super120

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'd be interested to see if anyone actually agrees with this one. Personally I don't. Reports need to be dealt with in a timely fashion, not left unattended and to then disappear. As a forum user if I thought that moderators weren't even going to bother with my reports then I'm not sure I would bother with those forums. Lack of pagination isn't an excuse for the need for this as reports shouldn't be allowed to build up to that level in the first place.

I'd be interested to see if anyone actually agrees with this one. Personally I don't. Reports need to be dealt with in a timely fashion, not left unattended and to then disappear. As a forum user if I thought that moderators weren't even going to bother with my reports then I'm not sure I would bother with those forums. Lack of pagination isn't an excuse for the need for this as reports shouldn't be allowed to build up to that level in the first place.

Agreed with the above.

People understandably have lives and can't always tend to reports right away, but even with that in mind, there's no way you should have 4,500+ reports.

Top Bottom