1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Network RSS Feed.

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by Carlos, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Okay, so I have a blog, I have a vbulletin license, I have a few xenforo licenses....

How can I improve conversion? Ah ha! I got an idea...how about a sidebar that shows the latest blog post, the latest forum posts, etc. of another website, in my case, my blog? or a forum?

I would like a sidebar box that allows me to syndicate my blog's RSS feed to guests and members...and vice versa.

Salty likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Salty likes this.
  3. Salty

Salty Active Member

We actually did somewhat what you described for a few sites on our network. It's been live for about 4 years on some gaming sites and users really like it. Adding positive activity around the advertisement is a pretty big deal too.

It's easy to sit at the homepage and watch real-time thread updates instead of clicking around. Catchy titles always get clicks, I know I've clicked on many that I otherwise wouldn't.

You're definitely on the right direction.

vbxpert-block.png

4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Hm. Interesting. :)