Need Xenforo expert to help with v1.5 fiasco

apologize for all the details, but it's important you know how we ended up in this situation, and what happened to get us here. I don't know if you'll be able to help, depending on cost, we're OK with paying for assistance.

Our company was bought out 3 years ago and the company that bought us took over our tech stack, including forums. They moved them to LiquidWeb.

We bought the company back from them a few months ago as they had planned to shut it down. They ended up shutting down the web server our forums were hosted on which took them down.

We managed to get a backup from LiquidWeb and hired a local IT team to restore it for us, but things did not go as planned.

The IT Team told us that Xenforo had been modified so it can only run on Dedicated Servers and they wouldn't be able to change that. I figured this would be in a setting file somewhere, but don't know enough about Xenforo to know if this is true.

They were able to restore the forum to their dedicated server, but we have no access to it (because they have other client data on it). I've managed to talk them into giving me temporary access (via signing an NDA) if someone is able to direct me on how to fix it. Or maybe get a backup and have somebody get it running elsewhere?

While the forum is technically running, in that if you go to the site you are able to see the site, but nobody can login, anywhere. We're also not 100% sure if our Admin U/P information is correct (we're about 95%), but when I try and login to the Admin, it literally displays L in the area it should show an error (screenshot: https://screenshot.click/20-30-4y03p-uwaw7.jpg)

If I try and login from the public facing side, I get a bunch of errors, but they do not really mean anything to me (screenshot: https://screenshot.click/19-41-wt9jj-rwym3.jpg)

We have 8 years worth of posts in here and it's been down for our customers going on a few months now. I'm highly technical, but not a developer. I can follow detailed instructions to modify PHP and MySQL tables if needed. I'm really hoping that one of you fine folks will be able to help us recover our forums and move forward!

The IT Team told us that Xenforo had been modified so it can only run on Dedicated Servers and they wouldn't be able to change that. I figured this would be in a setting file somewhere, but don't know enough about Xenforo to know if this is true.
Compare file hashes with the version of XF that was installed to see what has been changed?

apologize for all the details, but it's important you know how we ended up in this situation, and what happened to get us here. I don't know if you'll be able to help, depending on cost, we're OK with paying for assistance.

Our company was bought out 3 years ago and the company that bought us took over our tech stack, including forums. They moved them to LiquidWeb.

We bought the company back from them a few months ago as they had planned to shut it down. They ended up shutting down the web server our forums were hosted on which took them down.

We managed to get a backup from LiquidWeb and hired a local IT team to restore it for us, but things did not go as planned.

They were able to restore the forum to their dedicated server, but we have no access to it (because they have other client data on it). I've managed to talk them into giving me temporary access (via signing an NDA) if someone is able to direct me on how to fix it. Or maybe get a backup and have somebody get it running elsewhere?

While the forum is technically running, in that if you go to the site you are able to see the site, but nobody can login, anywhere. We're also not 100% sure if our Admin U/P information is correct (we're about 95%), but when I try and login to the Admin, it literally displays L in the area it should show an error (screenshot: https://screenshot.click/20-30-4y03p-uwaw7.jpg)

If I try and login from the public facing side, I get a bunch of errors, but they do not really mean anything to me (screenshot: https://screenshot.click/19-41-wt9jj-rwym3.jpg)

We have 8 years worth of posts in here and it's been down for our customers going on a few months now. I'm highly technical, but not a developer. I can follow detailed instructions to modify PHP and MySQL tables if needed. I'm really hoping that one of you fine folks will be able to help us recover our forums and move forward!
OMG, that sounds like you didn't got the support you deserved. Sending you a PM.

Be sure to update us with who helped and how it went overall.
@Slavik was able to get me up and running, and upgraded! Just working on configuring and redoing colors and such. I talked to the two most active forum users to let them know and they are ecstatic as well.

Super excited to get this up and running again for everyone, have had so many complaints over the last month or so. Once i have that done, automated backups are next on my list LOL

@Slavik!!!!!!!!!!!

celebrate hell yeah GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

@Slavik was able to get me up and running, and upgraded! Just working on configuring and redoing colors and such. I talked to the two most active forum users to let them know and they are ecstatic as well.

Super excited to get this up and running again for everyone, have had so many complaints over the last month or so. Once i have that done, automated backups are next on my list LOL

Thanks for the update. Glad everything worked out for you.

Top Bottom