• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Need to style one group

Mrs.T

I have been looking all over here and in the Xenforo manual and can't seem to find what I need.
I would like to give a certain user group recognition in the form of a special user title (VIP) that is a different color from everyone else while allowing them to keep their regular user titles that they put in themselves and a different colored back ground around there entire avatar so that they will stand out from other users.
I have tried following the instructions in the manual but because it is not a staff group it does not seem to work and all I was able to do is change the color of that user groups name.
I am really struggling with this and any help would be greatly appreciated.
and yes my site is licensed.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
For the title you can use HTML code when editing the User Title Override for the group (to set colors):

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click a group] -> User Title Override

But custom user titles will override the group titles. You might consider creating a custom user field to act as the second title:

Admin CP -> Users -> Custom User Fields

You can edit this template directly:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> message_user_info

And use this variable to output a specific field anywhere you want (you must enter the field_id of your custom field):

Code:
{$user.customFields.field_id}
And for colored user blocks:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/various-postbit-colors-by-usergroups.22193/#post-278785

Mrs.T

Thanks Jake. I was able to do most of this by adding a custom user field for the secondary user title. My only problem is that it is displaying on the bottom of the user info box where people post. I wanted it to be under the colored box right under the avatar. any suggestions.
And I will try the suggestion for the colors because what I did looks very generic.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Thanks Jake. I was able to do most of this by adding a custom user field for the secondary user title. My only problem is that it is displaying on the bottom of the user info box where people post. I wanted it to be under the colored box right under the avatar. any suggestions.
You can edit this template directly:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> message_user_info

And use this variable to output a specific field anywhere you want (you must enter the field_id of your custom field):

Code:
{$user.customFields.field_id}

Mrs.T

Thanks unfortunatley that is a little more than I am comfortable with right now. My users will have to deal with it like it is until I am a little better at this. Thanks for your help with this.