Need to know what I need for Xenforo

PrimeGeek

Okay hello I'm new here, not new to forum things. But new to Xenforo and it's coding. I'm coming from a forum I've had for 1 year on Proboards and I'm in need to know what type of things would the community suggest I look into that would make my site better?

I was told by email by customer service that with my site basic license and media would be what I need.

However I'm also looking to make a homepage with articles, some pages with interactive voting on pictures and and such.

That's why I'm upgrading, any help contributed appreciated.

I've already discovered this:

So is this the best Article upgrade homepage? Or is there others.

I'm coming from a forum I've had for 1 year on Proboards and I'm in need to know what type of things would the community suggest I look into that would make my site better?
What do you feel would make your site better for others?
What do members, feel would make the site better for others?
Are you driven by articles then?
Media driven, articles? Both or maybe one more than the other?

Okay hello I'm new here, not new to forum things. But new to Xenforo and it's coding. I'm coming from a forum I've had for 1 year on Proboards and I'm in need to know what type of things would the community suggest I look into that would make my site better?

I was told by email by customer service that with my site basic license and media would be what I need.

However I'm also looking to make a homepage with articles, some pages with interactive voting on pictures and and such.

That's why I'm upgrading, any help contributed appreciated.

I've already discovered this:

So is this the best Article upgrade homepage? Or is there others.
Hi. Have you decided on a hosting provider? That's the first thing you will need. Then, you will need to migrate all your data from proboards. After that, you can start shopping around for styles. There are many wonderful developers here that sell forum skins and can also customize your site for you. I recommend @Pixel Exit & @ThemeHouse. The cherry on top are the addons. I have xenporta to promote threads to articles, xenforo's media gallery to post pics and stuff, and chat by @Siropu. Depending on your community's needs, it's possible that you may need more or less addons. That is something you will find out as you explore the many choices available to you.

Have you decided on a hosting provider? That's the first thing you will need. Then, you will need to migrate all your data from proboards
Unfortunately it is against TOS to transfer away from ProBoards so you will have to start your forum from scatch.
Todo10 can host your forum, we have a cheap hosting plan for new forums.

Unfortunately it is against TOS to transfer away from ProBoards so you will have to start your forum from scatch.
Todo10 can host your forum, we have a cheap hosting plan for new forums.
Oh, didn't know that. I started my site on Proboards, but didn't bother to investigate whether I could transfer the few threads that we had :)

Hi. Have you decided on a hosting provider? That's the first thing you will need. Then, you will need to migrate all your data from proboards. After that, you can start shopping around for styles. There are many wonderful developers here that sell forum skins and can also customize your site for you. I recommend @Pixel Exit & @ThemeHouse. The cherry on top are the addons. I have xenporta to promote threads to articles, xenforo's media gallery to post pics and stuff, and chat by @Siropu. Depending on your community's needs, it's possible that you may need more or less addons. That is something you will find out as you explore the many choices available to you.

My members are well aware of topics have to be redone and re-registry.

I'm already set with domain name from godaddy. I eliminated Proboards free domain last year. All it takes is switching the DNS to Xenforo.

As far as add-ons is there a live chat option that can implemented into xenforo? That's something many members enjoyed that Proboards had.

And I'm confident I can make the forum look nice, I am a Graphic Designer. I just got into forum making last year.

Also Xenporta sounds nice, link?

My members are well aware of topics have to be redone and re-registry.

I'm already set with domain name from godaddy. I eliminated Proboards free domain last year. All it takes is switching the DNS to Xenforo.

As far as add-ons is there a live chat option that can implemented into xenforo? That's something many members enjoyed that Proboards had.

And I'm confident I can make the forum look nice, I am a Graphic Designer. I just got into forum making last year.

Also Xenporta sounds nice, link?
Kewl. Then you are all set! You can promote your forum on here as well in the forum showcase and critique section.

This is the link for XenPorta

This is for Chat by Siropu

Top Bottom