Need suggestions for implementation of thread prefixes

cmeinck

Like so many, I'm greatly anticipating 1.1 and thread prefixes. My concern is how to best implement them on my iPhone forum. Right now, I have categories for every model iPhone. I would like to eventually merge all of these into one giant iPhone category.

My initial thought was to use the prefixes for model of iPhone, but that seems to counteract my original plan of merging all iPhone topics into. Just because someone asks a questions about an iPhone 4S, does not mean it's not relevant to all iPhone users. By having users select a thread prefix based on model, it might deter non-iPhone 4S owners from taking part in the conversation. Plus, these prefixes wouldn't be very helpful from a forum global perspective.

So, I'm looking for any suggestions on how to best implement them. Thoughts?

Very interesting question and I'd like to discuss this as well.
We have subforum for some of the popular educational programs that are often discussed. I'd like to do away with subforum and replace with prefix.
So under Education category, there are a handful of subforums now. In the future, it will be threads, some of them will have prefix.

You could create a tag that reads "All Models" or something along those lines that signifies that it's not about any individual model iPhone. Then again, as soon as a user sees their version of iPhone, they will probably jump right to that. But, that's what moderators are for.

Top Bottom