Need some help deciding ...

With the exception of how Safari is tied to the OS version. If you hardware no longer supports updates, then you don't get Safari updates, which also negatively impacts Chrome or ANY other browser. Apple is somewhat siloed in their OS offerings.
That's not true on the desktop last I checked, only the mobile offerings, and even that is potentially about to change where the EU has started asking questions about allowing Chrome and others to have their own rendering engine on iOS.

That's not true on the desktop last I checked, only the mobile offerings, and even that is potentially about to change where the EU has started asking questions about allowing Chrome and others to have their own rendering engine on iOS.
Yes, I probably should have clarified that I was referencing mobile, which is what a majority of users use to access the internet with. Us desktop users are somewhat amongst the land of the dinosaurs for personal use.
Apple uses WebKit for Safari on both desktop and mobile. Chrome uses Blink on desktop and Webkit on mobile.

Top Bottom