Need server help - website constantly down

You should rely on a professional if you care about your forum and your community. Only a professional will be able to tell you with absolute certainty where the problem is and how to fix it. Here we can only go by trial and error. You may also have bots or other unwanted sources sending traffic to your website.

From reading this thread, it sounds to me like you hit your peak resources. Something you should in in the future is run an add-on like:

It would help if you got overloaded with guests like you mentioned. I believe @MattW would be able to help you set this up if you switch hosting to his.

From reading this thread, it sounds to me like you hit your peak resources. Something you should in in the future is run an add-on like:

It would help if you got overloaded with guests like you mentioned. I believe @MattW would be able to help you set this up if you switch hosting to his.
While possible, if so GoDaddy would easily see that as an opportunity to upsell him. But they are saying there are no issues.

What exactly are your users seeing?

This may be a stupid question but I keep getting emails from “iplayer” that my ipstacks have gone over for the month. I have no idea what this means. Could it be related?

It may be, is iplayer a valid user on your server? Have you disabled addon(s) that use ipstack.com?

I use LSCache on my Hetzner VPS, along with this addon, but wouldn't recommend adding it right now. Your existing config should work properly before optimizing.

Top Bottom