Need SEO consultation, where can I heave It?

Moshe1010

I need to know how to migrate a WP article website from one domain to another, where my XF forum is at (it would stay as WP but with a bridge to XF).

I need to know how should I do it correctly and would like to pay somebody (company/freelancer) about how to do it correctly. Do you know any guys who have a great knowledge in terms of SEO that can help me about this?
The budget is unlimited at the reasonable numbers for such a thing (I don't ask to execute anything, just consultation).

Thanks.

I am not a SEO pro or something, but I think a 301 Redirect would serve your purpose.
You could move the article over to the new domain, and add a 301 redirect on the page which served the article previously to the new link/domain.

I am not a SEO pro or something, but I think a 301 Redirect would serve your purpose.
You could move the article over to the new domain, and add a 301 redirect on the page which served the article previously to the new link/domain.
There are some more technical things involved here:
1. Should I have the article website as the front of the forum? a subdomian?
2. I'm going to kill the brand name of the article website, to do it slowly or kill everything at once?
3. What to do to the internal links that are linked to keywords on 100+ articles?

These are just a few.

1. Should I have the article website as the front of the forum? a subdomian? -> Front page should always be meaningful, related to your keywords and useful content which is where sometimes forum threads lack. So you should always have articles on the main page.

2. I'm going to kill the brand name of the article website, to do it slowly or kill everything at once? Kill slowly, you'll need to direct the link juice over at your new domain and google takes hell lot of time to realize that the new domain's content is worth it.
Some people disagree with this, but I don't know, I tend to believe it that google also takes previous records of the domain into consideration i.e. how long has it been registered for, how often the content is refreshed with similar keyword centered articles, how long it has been indexed in google.

3. What to do to the internal links that are linked to keywords on 100+ articles?
I guess the best bet would be to keep them intact. But make sure you add 301(permanent) redirect on the articles. So that google realizes that the content has been moved.
If you are thinking about moving the internal links to the new domain, then you should also have a 301 redirect for them to point to the same page on the new domain.
This choice mainly depends on your new business, whether you want to change the focus on forums or you still want the articles to be center staged.

*If there is anyone else who is more knowledgable than me in SEO domain, feel free to correct me! :) *

Top Bottom