1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by BronkhzModz, Aug 28, 2014.

1. BronkhzModz

BronkhzModz New Member

If i buy the xenfourum what host and domain do i need for it to work or what other stuff do i need to make my website with xenfourum
  2. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

The host and domain are your choice as long as they meet the server requirements which most will.
  3. BronkhzModz

BronkhzModz New Member

Im new in this so for the xenforo work i need to get a domain and host thats it
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Yes, you will need to register a domain that you want to use for the site, then find a hosting provider. I would suggest not using the hosting provider for the domain registration.
  5. BronkhzModz

BronkhzModz New Member

dawg likes this.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Because that's how it works, and if you want to run a site, you'll need to do that.
  7. BronkhzModz

BronkhzModz New Member

Ok so i need a host from a site and domain from onother
  8. fernando1027

fernando1027 Member

you could buy both from one site if you like to
  9. BronkhzModz

BronkhzModz New Member

What site
  10. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

I would suggest you try out Namecheap.
  11. fernando1027

fernando1027 Member

i use http://www.arvixe.com/ i my opinion is very good host you paid 60 usd per year and you get the domain free if you keep paying.
  12. BronkhzModz

BronkhzModz New Member

Give me your skipe bro to talk better
  13. fernando1027

fernando1027 Member

who ?, me i already forgot my Skype you can always start a conversation
  14. BronkhzModz

BronkhzModz New Member

I started the conversation
  15. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

The main reason is in case you decide to transfer your hosting elsewhere. Sometimes a hosting provider will cause "problems" with the transfer of the domain if you cancel the hosting service with them. It's just much easier to register the domain with someone like Namecheap or Namesilo. That way, if you change hosts, all you have to do is change your DNS entries to point at the new hosting provider IP that they give you.
  16. feldon30

feldon30 Well-Known Member

It is always smart to have your host from 1 site and domain on another site. Why? In case you have trouble with one of them. If they are both the same company, then they can hold your site hostage. With two separate companies, you can always move somewhere else.
  17. Alex - A2Hosting

Alex - A2Hosting Active Member

Thank you for your recommendation :). If anyone has any questions about our services feel free to reach out to me via PM or via email.

When a hosting provider offers a free domain name it is best to check with the provider exactly what the terms are. We have all the details regarding our free domains here: http://www.arvixe.com/freedomain_webhosting.php
  18. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Any professional company wouldn't do that. I feel like smaller companies especially will cause a little issue, and of course you've got the customer service asking for reasons. I had a one hour call just because I wanted to end my service with my TV provider, and I completed the contract of a year. They were pestering me about customer service and being #1 in the country. So yeah, best to keep your domain and hosting separate just in case.