Need help with being found in Google Search

Joe Kuhn

When I search for "Mindful Kindness Community" my site doesn't come up within the first three pages of results. The showcase forum here does come up if I replace 'community' with 'forum'.

Can anyone offer some advice on this? I'd like to come up on that first page, of course.

Thanks,
Joe

You need much more content. Must be unique and keyword rich content. 6 threads and 7 posts is no where near enough.

You need much more content. Must be unique and keyword rich content. 6 threads and 7 posts is no where near enough.
Seems like a catch-22 situation at this early point. I could add a couple of stories myself, but I thought a domain name like MindfulKindness.community would come up easily with a search words like "mindful kindness community".

I've heard something about websites being able to set search strings for Google to pick up. I assumed we could do that through xf. Not so?

Bottom line is content, content, and more content. There are no tricks that will boost you up in the listings.

When I search for "Mindful Kindness Community" my site doesn't come up within the first three pages of results.
Highly recommend you review the Google Webmaster Guidelines:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769?hl=en

Specifically:
Think about the words users would type to find your pages, and make sure that your site actually includes those words within it.
and
Think about what makes your website unique, valuable, or engaging. Make your website stand out from others in your field.

Looking at what Google has indexed for your site there is almost no content they can match those search keywords against:
google-serp.webp
If you really want to rank for "'Mindful Kindness Community" you will need to look at the other sites in your niche and on the first page and try to outrank them in content and build authority by getting other websites/users to link to you and/or share your pages on social media.. at the very least you can rename your website to "Mindful Kindness Community" if that's what you want to be known by.

Bottom line is content, content, and more content. There are no tricks that will boost you up in the listings.
Thank you for your note. It made me think of inviting people to the forum, from the sites that did come up from the search. I can let them know about the forum and if they choose to join and discuss, all the better. And I've got a meaningful story I can post myself.

Highly recommend you review the Google Webmaster Guidelines:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769?hl=en

Specifically:

and

Looking at what Google has indexed for your site there is almost no content they can match those search keywords against:
View attachment 173427
If you really want to rank for "'Mindful Kindness Community" you will need to look at the other sites in your niche and on the first page and try to outrank them in content and build authority by getting other websites/users to link to you and/or share your pages on social media.. at the very least you can rename your website to "Mindful Kindness Community" if that's what you want to be known by.
Looks like I've got some work to do. Should be instructive. BTW, the guy paying the bills for the forum has a website, but it's named differently, probably because mindfulkindness.com was already taken. I wanted to go with the more generic term rather than build a forum from his brand name of feedkindness.com. We will put a link from there to the forum, but maybe a website with the same name as the forum is warranted. One thing at a time. I'm building what I can in my spare time, dropping some other hobbies...

Great guidance that will take some time to pursue. Thank you for the direction.

Joe

Last edited:
Great community here. Nice to receive the support. I hope by posting my simple questions, new admins in the future can find these threads and benefit as well. It's about all I can do right now.

I added some key words in a new thread (both title and post) for the specific purpose of testing the results of a search. Then I noticed the Google Robot had stopped by.

1524020484768.webp

And my forum ended up third from the top in a keyword search with all the key words.

1524020600755.webp

Last edited:
That is looking better. :)

I would also encourage you to adjust your forum meta description which can be found here:
board-meta-xenforo.webp

As per my first screenshot, currently yours just says "Mindful Kindness Community Forum" which doesn't really encourage people to click from Google.

I suggest you write 2-3 sentences about what your community is about and why people should join (you can see your competitor "mindfulkindness.org" has done this).

Once you have done this, you can also use this same description and place it on your forum as a block (you can achieve this by creating a Notice in XenForo).

That is looking better. :)

I would also encourage you to adjust your forum meta description which can be found here:
View attachment 173657

As per my first screenshot, currently yours just says "Mindful Kindness Community Forum" which doesn't really encourage people to click from Google.

I suggest you write 2-3 sentences about what your community is about and why people should join (you can see your competitor "mindfulkindness.org" has done this).

Once you have done this, you can also use this same description and place it on your forum as a block (you can achieve this by creating a Notice in XenForo).
I've added some detail to the meta description (subject to change) and created a notice (in Communication section, admin page). Thanks for the leads! Will check again tomorrow to see if this new text comes up in the results. Here's is what we get today:

1524024190803.webp

Top Bottom