1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Need help installing Xenforo can someone help me?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by JpA, Feb 1, 2015.

1. JpA

JpA Active Member

Hey i'm having a little trouble installing XenForo as it's a little complicated.
    If someone can help, please add me on skype
    Please contact me ASAP

2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

What is it exactly that you are having problems with?

P.s. Have you seen this link?

https://xenforo.com/help/installation/

3. JpA

JpA Active Member

Yes I have, and I do step one I download Xenforo and put it on my computer but when I get to step 2 (this part) it says:
    "At this point you will need an FTP client and FTP login credentials for your server. If you don't know these, your hosting provider will be able to assist you."
    I don't know what my server is. I have a dedicated server for my minecraft server but I don't know how to install/make it or whatever

4. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Have you purchased a hosting plan in which to use xenforo? If not, then you will need to purchase one, or use a free host (not recommended).

P.s. What about a domain name, do you have that?

5. JpA

JpA Active Member

Yes I have a domain (killswitchmc.com) and I have a dedicated server do I need still need to get a host? Can't I just host it off my dedicated node?

6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

yes you can, but you'll need to install a web server (apache/nginx), a database server (mysql) and PHP.