• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Need help in reworking + porting a vBulletin Style to XenForo.

Shadab

Update 2:

Uploaded the style (WIP) on my testbed:
http://xf.geekpoint.net/forum/

#########################################################################

Update 1:
Here's the progress so far...

Header:

otx_header.webp

Sidebar Blocks:

otx_sidebar.webp

Forum List:

otx_forum_list.webp

#########################################################################

Just for the record, I'm not a designer; so go easy on me. I created this style for vBulletin 4 in 2009, not knowing what a mess it would turn out to be. I coded the header, footer and forumhome eventually; but never got around to finishing the style and releasing it.

A simple porting of the "color scheme" wouldn't look great. Some elements in xenforo need to be restyled & reworked for this style. Here are some screengrabs from the forum home... (I'll upload screenshot for the complete forumhome, if needed).

Header:

vb4_1_header.webp

ForumList:

vb4_2_forumlist.webp

Sub-Forum List:

vb4_3_subforumlist.webp

Footer:

vb4_4_footer.webp

So, would any designer(s) help me or collaborate with me on this style? I'm hoping to release it for free right here on xenforo.com, unless you convince me otherwise. :)

I wouldn't mind helping out. I'm not a big designer or anything, but I have released some small things here and some small things here. But I do like the skin and it's definitely got a lot of potential!

Has any progress been made on this?

I certainly would not mind helping out. I have really come to like the template system of Xen :D

Please give us a Live example :)
Sorry, I won't be able to provide a live demo. I've only got one vBulletin license right now; and I don't think it would be wise of me to upgrade downgrade my 3.8 forum. :)

I wouldn't mind helping out. I'm not a big designer or anything, but I have released some small things here and some small things here. But I do like the skin and it's definitely got a lot of potential!
Thanks. You can start a PC with me; for discussing the specifics. I'm mainly looking for some designing help.

Has any progress been made on this?
Not yet, unfortunately. I've been a bit busy with some of my addons.

I am not too sure how much time I will have tomorrow, but wednesday I would be more than happy to give you a hand. Im feeling decently comfortable with the theming engine after successfully integrating and theming it into my site.

Thanks. You can start a PC with me; for discussing the specifics. I'm mainly looking for some designing help.

What exactly do you mean by designing help? I'm willing to contribute my ideas and even create the design if you'd need me too, because I think it's really great.

I've updated the first post with 3 screenies.
Haven't shown the top-right portion of the header, right now. It's sort of a train-wreck. :P

---

I am not too sure how much time I will have tomorrow, but wednesday I would be more than happy to give you a hand. Im feeling decently comfortable with the theming engine after successfully integrating and theming it into my site.
Thanks, :) But the theming/template system is not a problem for me.

What exactly do you mean by designing help? I'm willing to contribute my ideas and even create the design if you'd need me too, because I think it's really great.
I mean help with the UI/UX part of the style. The header, especially the area that contains Visitor tabs, the search bar, and the visitor panel. No matter where they are placed with respect to each other, it (the combination) just looks odd. I'll upload the style on my test site, in the evening, so you can see.

---

Can this thread be moved to the Resource Discussions, please?

Okay, I will start working on it. I had a half done version a couple of months ago, but it seemed to have disappeared from my computer(the xml file I believe) when I redid a couple of things on my website.

Top Bottom