Need help creating a XenPorta Minecraft server status block

zett

So I'm trying to create a block for XenPorta which I think many Minecraft server admins running a XenForo forum will appriciate.
A easy to use Minequery block.
The honest truth, I have no idea about PHP and even less about the XenPorta block system but I'm interested in learning it and contributing to the community.
I simply couldn't find a decent guide on how to create these and I don't understand the block by looking at the source, neither did a friend that knows PHP.
I came up with an temporary work around using the HtmlBlock with an iFrame and MC List for Minequery PHP.
Result can be viewed here: http://massiveminecraft.com/index.php

That's not exactly how I'd like it though.
I would want it to look about like that: http://www.mcelite.co.uk/index.php (as far the layout goes)
It uses bigger avatar faces and has these typical transparent black XenForo tooltips instead the names listed. It's also a iFrame and this is what I am trying to prevent. Tooltips at the side cut off and if there are many players online a scroll bar appears - the block is not stretching according to the content.
Also I would like if there was some options in the block settings;
1. Server IP/Domain
2. Minequery port
3. Display ping tickbox
4. Display online status tickbox
5. Display server IP tickbox

I attached MC List. It should include all PHP data needed, what I need to know is where to put what and how to add the CSS rules and the XenForo tooltips to get a layout that looks about like the above example. Also how to make these block options.
Every help is appriciated.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Hi there,

I'm the person who coded the website & blocks of Minecraft Elite UK (mcelite.co.uk). I didn't use integrated xenforo tooltips on the box, and I am also iframing the user faces, hence the scrollbar. I'm trying to integrate it into a XenPorta block that will be available for download very soon.

Hi there,

I'm the person who coded the website & blocks of Minecraft Elite UK (mcelite.co.uk). I didn't use integrated xenforo tooltips on the box, and I am also iframing the user faces, hence the scrollbar. I'm trying to integrate it into a XenPorta block that will be available for download very soon.
Nifty :P are you going to use a TCP connection or go through UDP?

aw =/ our MC server completely blocks all UDP fragments. Blast.

UDP is for Skin retrieval - etc.... the list should be on TCP/IP I think

I'm changing the way it gets the players on the server anyway, it uses PHP callbacks to from a framework to get the faces and then feeds the player names to the tooltip thing.

I'm changing the way it gets the players on the server anyway, it uses PHP callbacks to from a framework to get the faces and then feeds the player names to the tooltip thing.
Oh I see :) I just worry because we dont have udp open at all =/ (blocked at the switch level) ... but if it just uses UDP for the webhost, it shouldnt be an issue... Since we have two different machines for web hosting and MC server hosting :)

Oh I see :) I just worry because we dont have udp open at all =/ (blocked at the switch level) ... but if it just uses UDP for the webhost, it shouldnt be an issue... Since we have two different machines for web hosting and MC server hosting :)
Shouldn't be an issue, I've got the same setup as you :)

you block all UDP fragments on your MC server too? :p Nothing goes in that has UDP in it due to DDOs/security
We've got all UDP ports blocked except for a few. tbh it doesn't really matter because all the lines where the server is housed are on Anti-DDoS boxes, so if a significant amount of traffic comes in to the switch, then the requests are blocked, or delayed to prevent DDoSing.

Top Bottom