1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Need Help configuring the importer

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Bethk84, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

I am in need of help configuring the importer for mybb.

I input the info asked, but came up with an error message. Something about the prefix not being right. Would someone be willing to help me set it up correctly?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have access to phpMyAdmin?

How are the MyBB tables named in the database?

3. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

Where would I go to find this out? I'm quite new to this whole thing, so I apologize for what may seem like silly questions.

4. Brogan

I still have access to your cPanel so let me take a look.

5. Brogan

It appears the prefix is simply mybb_ .

You can get the MyBB database details from the inc/config.php file.

6. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

Would I find that on HostGator? If so, where exactly would I look? I'm a bit slow when it comes to this sort of thing...

7. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

or do I go to the hookedonroleplaying.com site where the mybb software is installed?

8. Brogan

Click on the File Manager icon:
    upload_2016-1-23_17-45-33.png

Click on the public_html folder on the left.

Click on the hookedonroleplaying.com folder.

Click on the inc folder.

Right click on the config.php file in the right window and select Download.

Then locate the file in your downloads folder on your computer and open it in a text editor such as Notepad.

9. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

OK, thanks. I found it. do I need to include the quotes when filling out the configuration form?

10. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

So, I am inputting the info as it is exactly in the file I downloaded. However, I keep getting the attached error message. Can you please help?

Attached Files:

11. Brogan

Looking at your config file, the user name is bethannm_new1 .

Complete all fields without quotes.

12. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

OK, so no quotes and no brackets, etc, correct? just straight up bethannm_new1, etc?

13. Brogan

Correct.

14. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

OK, so i did that, but it seems as if I may have the wrong localhost name. This is the error message I am receiving now that I've entered everything without any special characters:

ERROR

The source database connection details are not correct: Access denied for user 'bethannm_new1'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

15. Brogan

The error just indicates you haven't entered the database credentials correctly.

16. wang

wang Well-Known Member

If you are not sure about the database details, you can ask your host about them.

17. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

@Brogan how should they be entered? A sample would help so i can know what i am doing wrong. I am about to toss my laptop out into the snow at this point lol

18. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

@wang its not that i don't have the info, just not sure how to input it into the system.

19. wang

wang Well-Known Member

If you go to the importer page you will see this:

import.png
    There you can enter the database details in the appropriate fields.

20. Brogan

I should also point out that as you have already created categories and forums, you won't be able to retain IDs.

The import must be done into a completely default/empty XF installation if you wish to retain IDs.

I have just configured the importer and it validated, but the attachments directory path is not correct.
    I will send you a screenshot of the correctly filled fields via conversation.